Advanced Learning Program
The IDEAS Advanced Learning Program is designed to equip individuals working in health care with the knowledge, skills and tools to lead quality improvement initiatives.
The curriculum for this five-month accredited program has two components: in class learning and an applied learning project (a quality improvement [QI] project in your own organization or local health system).
Through this comprehensive program you will
- Learn from expert faculty members with knowledge and experience in quality improvement, change management and adaptive leadership.
- Apply proven QI methods and tools to your own quality improvement project to improve care processes and patient/resident outcomes.
- Be supported every step of the way by quality improvement advisors from Health Quality Ontario and the Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences.
- Gain confidence and become proficient in the language, methods and tools of quality improvement so you can collaborate effectively and confidently with your colleagues – across disciplines and sectors.
- Benefit from the perspectives and experiences of your IDEAS colleagues through active and extensive team project work and networking opportunities.
- Connect with Ontario’s larger QI community through our active alumni program so you can continue to develop your own QI expertise and expand your peer network.
- Be inspired with new possibilities and the ability to see opportunities to improve the care your patients/residents receive.
Here’s what our alumni say about the Advanced Learning Program.