- This event has passed.
NOSM – Mar. 22, 2019
March 22 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Foundations of Quality Improvement | Register
The Foundations of Quality Improvement Program (formerly known as the 2-Day Introductory Program) introduces participants to:
- Key quality improvement concepts,
- Knowledge of foundational methods of quality improvement, and
- Practical tools in order to improve patient care, processes and outcomes.
Participants complete the Foundations Program ready to participate in and contribute to quality improvement projects within or across healthcare organizations.
Improve Patient Care
The IDEAS Foundations of Quality Improvement program provides you with the knowledge and tools to effectively participate in and contribute to quality improvement projects within or across health care organizations. Participants are introduced to a common language and approach to quality improvement with the explicit goal to improve patient care, experience and outcomes. At successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Apply the principles of quality improvement for healthcare
- Explain a quality improvement aim in accordance with the Model for Improvement
- Explain sources of the change ideas and explain in accordance with the Model for Improvement
- Contribute to the application of tools in team setting
- Explain the application of measurement in accordance with the Model for Improvement
- Collaborate with interprofessional team members to contribute effectively on a quality improvement team
Focused on Applied Learning
Using an evidence-based curriculum and instructional design recognized to be appropriate for adult learning, the IDEAS Foundations of Quality Improvement is comprised of a three-hour online component completed prior to a one day in person workshop.
E-Learning (you will recieve this 2 weeks prior to the live workshop!)
- Three hours, asynchronous
- Immersive-scenario based self-study
- Completed before workshop
- Includes prompts and reflection to initiate a personal improvement project
1 Day Workshop
- 6.75 hrs, interactive, applied learning through a quality improvement project case
- Face to face engagement between learners and faculty
- Taught by expert faculty who are experienced in quality improvement