- This event has passed.
Western University – Feb. 8, 2018
February 8 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Foundations of Quality Improvement | Register
The Foundations of Quality Improvement Program (formerly known as the 2-Day Introductory Program) introduces participants to:
- Key quality improvement concepts,
- Knowledge of foundational methods of quality improvement, and
- Practical tools in order to improve patient care, processes and outcomes.
Participants complete the Foundations Program ready to participate in and contribute to quality improvement projects within or across healthcare organizations.
Focus on Applied Learning
Using an evidence based curriculum and instructional design recognized to be appropriate for adult learning, the IDEAS Foundations of Quality Improvement is comprised of a three-hour online component completed prior to a one day in person workshop.
- 3 hrs, asynchronous
- Immersive-scenario based self-study
- Completed before workshop
- Includes prompts and reflection to initiate a personal improvement project
1 Day Workshop
- 6.75 hrs, interactive, applied learning through a quality improvement project case
- Face to face, engagement between learners and faculty